Using Your Flash Creatively in Daylight
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Normally we think of using a Speedlite when there is little or no light. There are however many situations when a Speedlite can improve your pictures even if you have plenty of available light.
For example, Speedlites allow us to light our subject if it’s in the shade or fill in harsh shadows created by the sun.
What if the light is so bright that you are forced to use a small aperture and lose the ability to create shallow depth-of-field for a portrait? Canon Speedlites have a high-speed sync feature that will allow you to use any shutter speed on the camera.
After this workshop, you will be confident using your Speedlite even in the brightest conditions.
What you will learn:
• How to create a black background outdoors
• Balancing flash with available light
• Fill flash made easy
• The benefits of high-speed sync
What to bring:
• Your Canon EOS camera (if you have one), with fully charged battery
• At least one lens/memory card
• Speedlite 580EX or 600EX-RT I or II (loaner Speedlites will be available)