201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
If you’re a first-time digital camera user, this presentation will demystify this potentially daunting topic and have you looking for opportunities to use your flash, instead of reasons to leave it in the camera bag.
More experienced users will get critical information about precisely controlling flash exposure and getting the results they want the first time out.
We’ll start with a solid foundation of understanding E-TTL flash with EOS digital cameras, then show what each button does and how to use them. Learn how flash metering works and how you can step in and control it. You’ll also learn how to use bounce flash effectively for very natural looking photography.
From there, we'll show you how to move from taking snapshots to making creative pictures, using the features in your camera and Speedlites.
Finally, we'll touch briefly on the possibilities that exist by moving your Speedlite off-camera, using Canon's wireless E-TTL system.
What you will learn:
• Flash basics
• In-depth understanding of how E-TTL flash works
• Effect of shutter speeds, lens apertures and ISO on flash
• The different flash modes: E-TTL and Manual
• How to bounce flash
• Controlling your flash from the camera menu instead of the flash menu
• Flash Exposure Compensation
• Integrating flash with ambient light
• Flash sync: high-speed sync
• How flash works with each shooting mode, such as Program (P), Shutter-priority (Tv), Aperture-priority (Av), and Manual (M)