San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf Photo Walk
201 California St
San Francisco, California 94111
San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and Fisherman’s Wharf is a must-see destination for photographers. There’s something for everyone.
Join photojournalist and Live Learning instructor Dave Henry in a four-hour classroom and photo walk shooting session.
We’ll begin at the Canon Live Learning classroom with a talk on camera settings and compositional ideas then make our way to Fisherman’s Wharf.
During the workshop we’ll be making some great photographs and working on the fundamentals of composition, depth-of-field, exposure and discuss various menu settings that will have an effect on our photographs.
This is also your chance to see through a professional photographer’s eye and learn how to find interesting subjects and plan a compelling photograph. We’ll shoot wide-angle lenses and telephotos and we’ll photograph a wide variety of subjects.
You will benefit greatly from Dave’s field experience as a roving travel photographer. During his first nine years at The Sacramento Bee, he photographed stories all over the world for its Sunday Travel Section.
The class will continue back in the Live Learning classroom with a discussion on the techniques discussed and evaluate our results.
Don’t miss this unique walking photography workshop and learn what it takes to make that next big jump in developing your skills as a photographer.
There will be a lot of walking, so come prepared with comfortable shoes.
Workshop space is very limited for better accessibility to the instructor so sign up now!
What you will learn:
• Dave’s menu favorites
• How to use many of the menus applicable to street shooting
• Compositional shortcuts to creating an image with visual impact
• How to use selectable focus points and metering
• How to use a wide angle lens for foreground emphasis
• How to plan your shot for the most efficient use of your time
• How to use HDR/exposure techniques to increase dynamic range
• How to travel light and still get the shot
What to bring:
• Your camera and lenses
• Your camera’s instruction manual
• Freshly charged battery
• Empty and formatted memory card
• Speedlite® flash
• Polarizing filter
• Comfortable walking shoes
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks