Cityscapes Under a Full Moon Photo Walk
Exact location will be shared with registered attendees
We all love sunsets and matching them up with a spectacular cityscape is very exciting. But how about adding the moon in your scene?
Sacramento is a great location, especially from the Sacramento River with the historic gold rush era Old Sacramento in the foreground. Our photo walk workshop will focus on capturing a perfect twilight cityscape with a rising full moon.
Join our resident Canon Live Learning instructors, Dave Henry and Jim Rose, in an exciting photo walk shooting session.
During the workshop, we’ll be making some great photographs and working on the fundamentals of composition, depth-of-field, exposure and discuss various menu settings that will have an effect on our photographs.
Don’t miss this unique walking photography workshop and learn what it takes to make that next big jump in developing your skills as a night/cityscape photographer.
Workshop space is very limited for better accessibility to the instructors so sign up now!
What you will learn:
• The process for in-camera double exposures
• How to use many of the menus applicable to cityscape shooting
• How to achieve maximum sharpness
• How to use selectable focus points and metering
• How to plan your shot for the most efficient use of your time
• How to evaluate the critical balance between sky, moon and buildings for accurate exposure
• How to travel light and still get the shot
What to bring:
• Your camera and lenses
• Your camera’s instruction manual in PDF form on your smart phone
• Freshly charged battery
• Empty and formatted memory card
• Tripod and remote release (cable or infrared)
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Possible jacket
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks
• Canon Telephoto lenses will be available