Macro Photography: Techniques and Equipment
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Before beginning to create intricately-detailed images of tiny subjects, you need to understand what your equipment options are. There’s everything from close-up lenses, extension tubes and bellows units to ultra-sharp prime macro lenses. We’ll demystify the equipment so that you’ll be free to make choices that will allow you to capture your world in miniature.
Shooting in the field presents significant challenges, as you may have already discovered, so don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to do it right.
What you will learn:
• All about close-up lenses, extension tubes and bellows units
• Macro lenses and how to choose the one for your needs
• How to shoot macro with minimum equipment
• Demystifying the use of flash
• Selective focus vs. Depth-of-Field
• An introduction to the concept of “focus stacking”
• How to conquer depth-of-field using CamRanger for focus stacking
• How Helicon Focus software is used to create dramatic stacked images
What is provided:
• New macro photography ideas
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks