Cityscapes with a Full Moon Photo Walk
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
We all love sunsets and matching them up with a spectacular cityscape is very exciting. But how about adding the moon in your scene?
San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and our photo walk workshop will focus (pun clearly intended) on capturing a perfect twilight cityscape with a rising full moon.
Join our resident photojournalist and Canon Live Learning instructor, Dave Henry, in a three-hour classroom and photo walk shooting session.
We’ll begin at the Canon Live Learning classroom with a talk on camera settings and compositional ideas then walk to the bay in time for our twilight/moonrise cityscape.
During the workshop we’ll be making some great photographs and working on the fundamentals of composition, depth-of-field, exposure and discuss various menu settings that will have an effect on our photographs.
This is also your chance to see through a professional photographer’s eye and learn how to find interesting subjects and plan a compelling photograph.
The class will continue back in the Live Learning classroom with a discussion on the techniques discussed and evaluate our results.
Don’t miss this unique walking photography workshop and learn what it takes to make that next big jump in developing your skills as a night/cityscape photographer.
Workshop space is very limited for better accessibility to the instructor so sign up now!
What you will learn:
• Dave’s menu favorites
• The process for in-camera double exposures
• How to use many of the menus applicable to cityscape shooting
• How to achieve maximum sharpness
• How to use selectable focus points and metering
• How to plan your shot for the most efficient use of your time
• How to evaluate the critical balance between sky, moon and buildings for accurate exposure
• How to travel light and still get the shot
What to bring:
• Your camera and lenses
• Your camera’s instruction manual in PDF form on your smart phone
• Freshly charged battery
• Empty and formatted memory card
• Tripod and remote release (cable or infrared)
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Warm jacket
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks