Multiple Flash Photography: Way Beyond the Basics
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Once you’ve learned the basic principles of how the Canon wireless radio-controlled Speedlite system works, this class goes many steps beyond our beginner and intermediate flash classes. You’ll learn how to use single or multiple flash units off-camera to create beautiful light just about anywhere.
Photojournalist and Canon Live Learning instructor Dave Henry will show you how he uses multiple Speedlite 600EX-RT flash units in his work as a photojournalist to create special lighting environments for a scene to enhance the subject, all controlled wirelessly from the camera.
He’ll show you how he uses Speedlites for everything from simple head-and-shoulders portraits to street scenes or illuminating interiors. He’ll also show you how many of his photographs appear in the newspaper and, in many cases, he’ll show you the behind the scenes set-ups.
Dave will share the keys to softening the light output with modifiers for a more natural look. He’ll also touch on filtering the color of the light on the subject to match the ambient surroundings, again, for a more pleasing and natural feel.
If you want to use a simple single Speedlite off-camera set-up or up to 15 Speedlites, this class is for you.
What you will learn:
• How to use the camera menu to control flash units
• The basics on flash-fill
• How to set ratios between multiple Speedlites
• How to shoot in manual camera mode with automatic flash settings
• How to shoot in fully-automatic mode
• How to filter flash to balance with the existing light
• How to light large industrial settings
• How to use off camera flash with a single Speedlite
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks