Speedlite Special Effects Workshop
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Explore what’s beyond a simple flash picture. This class will have you delving deep into the capabilities of Canon Speedlites. Learn why flash timing makes a difference with Second Curtain flash sync and use a slow shutter speed for a technique called “dragging the shutter.”
From there we will go into the more creative features of the Speedlites including Stroboscopic Flash and using Speedlites to “paint with light.”
This is a hands-on workshop so bring your camera. If you have a Speedlite 580EX or 600EX-RT, bring that as well. Don’t forget to bring charged batteries, lenses, tripod and memory cards. We will have a limited number of 600EX-RT flashes available for you to use.
What to bring:
• Your Canon EOS camera (if you have one), with fully-charged battery
• At least one lens and memory card
• Speedlite 580EX or 600EX-RT (loaner Speedlites will be available)
• Tripod (some of the techniques will require a tripod)
• Remote shutter release
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks