Creative Composition: Making Better Photos
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Creating an image that captures the viewer’s interest and holds it usually doesn’t happen by accident.
In this class, we will share with you concepts of good composition as well as bad composition. We’ll talk about the use of compositional aids such as leading lines, creating negative space, and how to use color to balance the scene.
Sometimes making a great photograph means choosing a slightly different camera position or lens choice. More than simply pointing and shooting, we’ll talk about the thought process that goes into composing an image and how paying more attention and being more intentional will yield BIG results.
Come learn from our Canon experts to get WAY more out of your camera than you ever bargained for.
What you will learn:
• Fundamental composition, including compositional rules
• What makes one image more visually appealing than another
• How to pre-visualize your composition before ever getting behind the camera
• How to balance a scene with color and negative space
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Coffee, water and light snacks