201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Join Canon Live Learning instructor, Jim Rose, in a hands-on workshop where you can use variety of camera bodies, lenses and lighting techniques to create compelling macro photographs.
We’ll have plenty of lenses for you to test and try, with various shooting stations to practice your macro shooting techniques. We will even teach you how to shoot wirelessly with Canon’s Camera Connect app or a CamRanger device.
This is an inspiring macro class with a lot of new concepts to learn. Please feel free to bring your own subjects to shoot as well – whether your interest is in photographing industrial parts, coins, natural history specimens, jewelry, or botanicals.
What you will learn:
• How to choose the right macro lens for your needs
• How to shoot macro with minimal equipment
• How to use flash to enhance your macro subjects
• The difference between selective focus vs. depth of field
• How to shoot “hands-free” with wireless technology
• How to use your smartphone or tablet for depth-of-field visualization
What to bring:
• Your camera, flash and macro lens (sample gear will also be available)
• Freshly charged batteries
• Extra formatted memory cards
• PDF version of your Instruction manual on a mobile device
• Remote release cable
• Laptop computer if you want to review your images or learn remote imaging
• Macro Subjects (optional)
What is provided:
• Sample Canon gear
• Numerous macro subjects
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks