Fashion Lighting, In-Studio and On-Location
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Fashion photography is well-known for using spectacular locations and eye-catching wardrobe but what makes a great fashion image successful is the lighting. Choosing the right lighting approach can turn an average portrait into a stunning fashion image.
You don’t need to purchase a ton of expensive equipment to create beautiful fashion images, Join photographer Laura Tillinghast for a full-day intensive workshop that will explore fashion lighting both in-studio and on-location using Canon Speedlites. During the class, students will have the opportunity to shoot multiple lighting setups with a working fashion model. Laura will also share some techniques for post-production and retouching.
This class is longer than Laura’s usual three-hour classes. You will be shooting multiple setups both in the studio and on location. After shooting you will able to make a print from you favorite image. Lunch is also provided.
What you will learn:
• Visual themes and editorial storytelling
• Working with a mood board
• Advanced studio lighting techniques
• On-location lighting techniques
• Post production & retouching tips
What to bring:
• Your camera and lenses
• Memory card
• Fully charged battery or two
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Lunch, water and light snacks
• Loaner cameras and lenses are available
• A print of your favorite image