Advanced Tilt/Shift Lens Workshop
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Tilt-shift lenses offer photographers specialized tools to make significant corrections and adjustments to their photographs at the moment of capture. Many photographers mistakenly feel they can use software to make these corrections without losing quality. That can’t be done so it’s best to learn how to do this in your camera.
Join photojournalist and Live Learning instructor, Dave Henry, as he teaches all five movements of the tilt/shift lens and shows you how to calculate exposure and create an image no other lens can create.
This shooting workshop teaches you how to visualize the end result image and then shows you how to achieve it.
The most sought-after skill with a tilt-shift lens is how to create the “infinite depth-of-field” photograph. Dave will teach you how to do that with both tilt and swing movements.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn from Canon’s master of tilt-shift photography. Dave’s tilt-shift lenses are his most used lenses and he never leaves home without them.
This is an advanced class. Camera handling and general photography competency are expected. That will allow you to more fully grasp the new concepts you’ll be learning in this class.
Workshop space is very limited for better accessibility to the instructor so sign up now!
What you will learn:
• How to customize menus and screens applicable to tilt-shift shooting
• How to manage depth-of-field
• How to achieve maximum focus depth with a wide open aperture
• How to create the “toy” or “miniature” look
• How to use foreground elements to draw in your viewer
• How to plan your shot for the most efficient use of your time
• How to focus a tilt-shift lens for swing or tilt movements
What to bring:
• Your camera and any tilt/shift lenses you may own
• Your camera’s instruction manual in PDF form on your phone
• Hoodman focusing loupe
• Freshly charged batteries
• Empty and formatted memory cards
• Tripod and remote release (cable or infrared)
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks