Building the Head Shot
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
If you’ve ever wanted learn how to create a great head-shot, this is the class for you. With just a few Canon Speedlites, we’ll show you how to quickly and efficiently create stunning portraits - ANYWHERE!
Don’t own three Speedlites? That’s okay, because we’ll show you how to effectively use one and two Speedlite set-ups for beautiful portraits as well, all controlled from the menu on your Canon Camera. We’ll start by sharing some very simple ways to use one light to make a dramatic impactful portraits. Then we’ll add additional lights to show you how you can add dimension to your portraits by simply placing a light in the right area.
We’ll show different types of light modifiers and how one compares to another with respect to the quality of light they produce.
By the end of this class, you’ll have tools to go out and produce better headshots with ease! Although this is not a “hands on” class, please bring your camera to take photos of each “set-up” for reference.
What you will learn:
• Simple one light set-ups for head shots all the way to more complex three and four scenarios for added dimensional appeal
• How to add separation of your subject from the background
• How to work with very portable lighting set-ups
• How to balance a scene using color correction gels
• And much more
What to bring:
• Your Canon EOS camera (if you have one), with fully-charged battery
• At least one lens
• Memory card
• A willingness to learn
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks