Basics of HD Video with your DLSR
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
This seminar will prepare you to start shooting video with your DSLR camera.
Packed with informative and insightful tips, you will learn the basics of camera settings, color control, camera motion, and post-production workflow. We’ll talk about everything from frame rates to shutter speeds as well as lens choices and how all of these items affect the “look” of your video.
You’ll learn about neutral density filters and why they are so critically important in video and filmmaking. We’ll also cover focusing and explain why Dual Pixel Technology is such an important “game changing” feature for many videographers/filmmakers. Audio is just as important, if not more important than video, so we’ll share some available options and share tips for better audio.
After this class, you’ll feel much more comfortable with shooting video, whether it’s for family fun, shooting a YouTube video or producing your first short film. Come join us as we take the mystery out of shooting exceptional video with your DSLR camera!
• Photographers new to HD Video
• An understanding of your camera operations including manual mode, AV, F Stops, and Shutter speed.
What you will learn:
• Basics of Camera Settings for shooting video
• Color Control
• Camera Motion
• Basic Post-Production Workflow
• Frame Rates
• Shutter Speeds
• Audio Tips and Best Practices
What to bring:
• Your camera and standard lens
• Fully charged battery
• Memory cards
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Coffee, water and light snacks