Speedlite Special Effects
201 California St.
San Francisco, California 94111
Explore what’s beyond a simple flash picture. This class will have you delving deep into the capabilities of Canon Speedlites. Learn why flash timing makes a difference with Second Curtain flash sync and use a slow shutter speed for ’Dragging the Shutter’.
From there we will go into the more creative features of the Speedlites including Stroboscopic Flash and using Speedlites to ‘Paint with Light’.
This is a HANDS-ON workshop so bring your camera. If you have a Speedlite 580EX or 600EX-RT bring that as well. Don’t forget to bring charged batteries, lenses, tripod and memory cards. We will have a limited number of 600EX-RT flashes available for you to use.
What to bring:
• Your Canon EOS camera (if you have one), with fully-charged battery
• At least one lens/Memory card
• Speedlite 580EX or 600EX-RT (loaner Speedlites will be available)
• Tripod (some of the techniques will require a tripod)
• Remote shutter release
What is provided:
• Canon notebook, pen and lens cloth
• Water and light snacks