Dramatic Portraiture and Lighting – Elevate Your Imagery
2660 Canyon Boulevard
Boulder, Colorado 80302
In this intensive one-day seminar, award-winning photographer and director Tyler Stableford shares his secrets for capturing world-class portraits with both fashion models and athletes. This lecture & demonstration is tailored to photographers looking to raise the bar using professional portraiture and lighting techniques.
Whether you're an indoor photographer, outdoor photographer, or both, this workshop will help you ‘see the light’ and gain confidence with lenses, lights, reflectors, and models.
This workshop will include an athlete model as well as a fashion/lifestyle model, providing a wide range of lighting and posing demonstrations, as well as tips for coaching the best performances from your subjects.
- In today’s market, great posing and lighting skills are so important... cameras, lenses, and computer techniques will only take you so far.
- Your best images start with you and with what you create in the camera. You will walk away from this seminar with new ideas you can put to good use right away!
- Full-day portrait photography lecture and demonstration seminar. Watch Tyler use his unique portrait techniques.
- Have Tyler answer your questions about his photography style and give you advice on developing your own.
- Canon Live Learning portrait photography goodie bag
- Continue learning with free portrait photography downloads from the Canon Digital Learning Center
Tyler will be demonstrating her portrait techniques using this Canon gear:
EOS-1D X Mark II Body
EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
EF 135mm f/2L USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Speedlite 600EX II-RT
Touch and try this gear and more during the seminar
Attendees might consider bringing their DSLR and speed lights to follow along with the lecture and demonstration, although it is not required.
- Amateur (i.e. some experience and working knowledge of photography terms and basic camera operation)
- Advanced Amateur (i.e. comfortable with manual camera operation, most photo concepts, workflow, and editing)