Shooting Great Portraits in Any Light or Location
851 W. Belmont Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60657
How many times have you been tasked with creating a photograph in the worst possible light or location? You don't always have the opportunity of shooting at the golden hour. You can't publish an excuse. Bob will share with you how he uses off camera flash to control and shape the light into submission.
It doesn’t matter what time of day you shoot, indoors or out; through mastering the control and shape of your light, no time is a bad time for a great picture. We will use all the light available and then mix in off camera flash to create the light we want no matter where or when.
So don't be afraid to shoot at high noon, inside that cave of a venue or the dark streets at night, your living room, get that flash off camera and create stunning images.
- Bob will show you how to get the shot by mastering your flash and camera settings.
- He'll show you how to become a seeker of light and how to use creative lighting techniques to make each image sing.
- Bob will begin with reviewing the gear, light modifiers, off camera flash radio communication, and shooting concepts.
- You will learn how to control and create light on location pushing your speedlights to their limits, mastering all the features of your speedlights, such as high speed sync, rear curtain sync, combining speedlites and available light in conjunction.
- Bob will demonstrate one, two, three and up to five speedlite shoots.
- Full-day portrait photography lecture and demonstration seminar. Watch Bob use his unique portrait techniques.
- Have Bob answer your questions about his photography style and give you advice on developing your own.
- Canon Live Learning portrait photography goodie bag.
- Continue learning with free portrait photography downloads from the Canon Digital Learning Center.
Bob will be demonstrating his portrait techniques using this Canon gear:
EOS-1D X Mark II
EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Speedlite 600EX II-RT
Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT
Touch and try this gear and more during the seminar
Attendees might consider bringing their DSLR and speed lights to follow along with the lecture and demonstration, although it is not required.
- Amateur (i.e. some experience and working knowledge of photography terms and basic camera operation)
- Advanced Amateur (i.e. comfortable with manual camera operation, most photo concepts, workflow, and editing)