CLL Orange County
Desert Ghost Town Photography WorkshopRegister Now
- Presented by:
- Jon Lorentz (Bio), Mason Higa (Bio)
- CLL Orange County
- October 19, 2018 - October 21, 2018
- $749 (CPS Discount: $50)
- 16880 NV-165
Searchlight, Nevada 89046
- Lodging, airfare and most meals are the responsibility of the attendee.
(Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center)
This workshop begins on Friday, October 19 at 1:00pm and ends on Sunday, October 21 at 8:00pm.
Epic landscape, a great location, stunning models and Canon—it can’t get any better! Join us for this unique workshop experience at the Ghost Town in Nelson, Nevada.
The Ghost Town:
Located 50 minutes south of Las Vegas, this historic town has a wide variety of photographic opportunities. Vintage cars, eclectic antiques, rustic barns and even a plane wreck movie prop—all with an epic desert landscape. And while the town itself is an inspiring subject for landscape and macro photography, you will also have the opportunity to work with professional models to capture unique portraits and fashion images. Whether you enjoy landscape, macro, portrait/fashion photography or all three—this workshop is for you!
Day 1: October 19th
1PM - Welcome/Intros/Gear Loans/Tech Talk
Group Dinner (Included)
Day 2: October 20th
9AM - Depart to Nelson Ghost Town
10AM - Demo Shoots (Portraits/Fashion and Landscape/Macro)
11AM - Photo Session
1PM - Boxed Lunch (Included)
1:30PM - Mobile Editing Session and RAW Image Review
3PM - Photo Session
7PM - Return to Las Vegas
Day 3 October 21st
6AM - Depart to Nelson Ghost Town
7AM - Photo Session
11AM - Return to Las Vegas
12PM - Lunch (Included) / Break for Image Culling
3PM - Editing Techniques and Gear Returns
6PM - Final Image Critique and Prints
8PM - Wrap
What To Bring:
• Camera and lenses.
• Fully charged batteries and memory cards—remember, it’s a long day of shooting.
• Tripod — recommended for landscape photography.
• Weather-appropriate clothes for the Nevada desert in October—hot days and cool nights.
• How to create visually compelling images in dynamic locations.
• How to work with and direct professional models.
• How to work with Canon Speedlites.
• How to utilize Canon’s wireless technology for instant capture and review on tablets.
• How to make the most of available light, with and without reflectors.
• How to capture breathtaking portraits, landscapes and macro photos.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn More