Macro Photography: Techniques and Equipment
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Join photojournalist and Canon Live Learning instructor, Dave Henry, in a seminar that examines the variety of camera equipment, lenses and techniques used in creating macro photographs in your home studio and out in the field. This seminar is the perfect class to take to learn about your equipment before taking it into the field.
Before beginning to create intricately detailed images of tiny subjects, you need to understand what your equipment options are. There’s everything from close-up lenses, extension tubes and bellows units to ultra-sharp prime macro lenses. We’ll demystify the equipment so that you’ll be free to make choices that will allow you to capture your world in miniature.
Shooting in the field presents significant challenges as you may have already discovered so don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to do it right.
What you will learn:
• Close-up lenses, extension tubes and bellows units
• Macro lenses and how to choose the one for your needs
• How to shoot macro with a minimum of equipment
• Demystifying the use of flash
• Selective focus vs. Depth-of-Field
• How to shoot “hands-free” using CamRanger
• An introduction to the concept of focus stacking
• Using your iPad/iPhone for depth-of-field calculation
• How to conquer depth-of-field using CamRanger for focus stacking
• How Helicon Focus software is used to create dramatic stacked images