Motorsport and Race Photography at The Thermal Club with Larry Chen- SOLD OUT
61980 Tyler St
Thermal, California 92274
Feel the rush of photographing a race and capture “car features” at The Thermal Club with Larry Chen!
If you ever wanted to take a shot at automotive photography, this is your chance! This special access workshop will have unique opportunities to shoot amazing cars and an actual race at The Thermal Club race facility. You’ll work side-by-side with car culture and automotive photographer Larry Chen and get personal instruction from him. You’ll also get the opportunity to photograph a variety of amazing cars at the world-class facility using natural light to your advantage. Participants also get exclusive access to the race circuit during The Thermal Clubs Triple Crown Race weekend activities.
Here’s what to expect.
Day One, March 2nd
12pm to 6pm
• Meet at The Thermal Club for Introductions and Lunch
• Classroom Session: The perfect time to familiarize yourself with the gear you will be using throughout the two-day workshop. Canon’s Lead Trainer, Jon Lorentz, will be on location to give a tech talk and answer questions.
• Still and Action Photo Session: Larry leads a step-by-step walkthrough of shooting a 'car feature' with natural light. Participants are encouraged to shoot alongside.
• Golden Hour Shoot on Race Circuit: Apply what you learned and shoot your own car feature in the amazing desert light.
Day Two, March 3rd
5:45am to 6pm
• Meet at The Thermal Club
• Sunrise Shoot: This is your opportunity to shoot action shots during the soft morning light.
• The Thermal Club Garage Tour: Take a tour of a multi-million dollar home, with a chance to get some shots of an amazing garage with an equally amazing car collection. • Classroom Editing Session: Get a chance to look at some of the photos that you've taken and learn how to pull selects quickly while in the field. Learn quick and easy editing tips for a fast turnaround time. (Lunch will be provided)
• The Thermal Club Triple Crown Race: Shoot a real race on a real race circuit. The Thermal Club is holding it's final race of the season in their Triple Crown series.
• Printing session: Print your favorite shot with the help of Canon printer experts.
• Optional final shoot: If a long day of shooting is still not enough for you, then there will be cars available to photograph one last time.
• Learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
• Expert instruction from Larry Chen and support from the Canon Team
• Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II and 5D Mark IV bodies
• 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer
• Lunches on both days and a light breakfast on Day Two
What to Bring:
• Camera and lenses
• Charged batteries
• Closed-Toed Shoes
• Appropriate Attire (Check weather as the area can have cool mornings and hot days)
• Sunscreen, if needed