Food Photography Workshop
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Food photography has seen a resurgence in the past few years now that people are sharing images of their breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, desserts, where they ate at, their favorite restaurant and the list goes on and on… But do your food photos look as good as they could be?
Join Canon Live Learning as we “set the table” and teach you how to make your food pop! This workshop builds upon our Getting Started with Food Photography class and provides you an opportunity to create, learn and experience photographing your perfect plate! We’ll start off together and teach you how to set up your camera, dial in the technical settings and show how a simple lighting design can create beautiful works of art. You’ll have the opportunity to develop techniques in a hands-on workshop and borrow gear from Canon’s inventory.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own food items and props for discussion, and sharing in creating images.
What you will learn:
• Basic camera settings for food photography
• How composition and depth of field affect an image
• Creating flattering lighting with simple techniques
• Learning about the importance of props
What to bring:
• Your Canon EOS camera with memory card
• Fully charged battery
• Any specific food items and props
• Several lenses of various focal lengths