123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Pye Jirsa is one of the founders and partners of Lin and Jirsa Photography, a boutique Southern California wedding and portrait photography studio in Southern California composed of an incredible creative team that shoots over 300 weddings each year, with nearly 1,000 yearly client commissions. Pye can’t wait to show you how to consistently create incredible images for your clients every time you shoot. The Wedding Workshop Intensive will teach you everything you need to know to take your imagery and photography business to the next level.
Pye will share with you his tips, tricks, and techniques for working with clients from start to finish. This workshop is a 2-day intensive designed to teach you the ins and outs of posing, directing, lighting and special FX techniques. We want you to come away from the course being able to create incredible images for your clients regardless of the scene, situation or time given. We want to help you become the "hero" in your clients eyes. Most of all, we want you to come away with the skills and tools to book more clients, and to sell more wall art to existing clients.
Limited to only 16 participants, you will have plenty of one-on-one attention and support:
• Expert instruction and support from Pye Jirsa and Canon Live Learning Team who will help you in both the field and the classroom.
• Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS/SR, EOS 5D Mark IV, and EOS 80D bodies.
• 1-2 Professional Prints of your work from a Canon Professional Inkjet Printer.
What you will gain from the workshop:
This photo workshop offers participants a 2-day immersion into digital photography. Through hands-on learning, lectures and classroom critiques, Pye will help students develop their understanding of:
• Choosing and using the right lens for your shoot
• Posing techniques in a small studio space
• Posing techniques on location
• Small lighting to make a big impact
• How to transform a non-desirable scene into a picturesque scene
• Creative use of lighting and light modifiers
• In person sales – how to upsell your clients
• The power of the print – how a print has a huge impact on your client
• Adobe Lightroom techniques
This is a unique workshop for photographers looking to improve their digital photography skills, build their portfolios and have some fun, too! A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures and shutter speed is needed. All are welcome on this photo workshop.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.
Here are the specifics:
Saturday, October 14th
9am – 8pm
Sunday, October 15th
10am - 7pm
Shooting on Location
Printing for your clients
Critique and Print