Focus On: Sports Photography
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Touchdown! Goal! Interception! A photo finish! Whether you’re photographing a sport regularly or you're an aspiring professional sports photographer—stay one step head of the action by learning both the creative aspects of sports photography and the technical ability of your camera(s) and lens(es).
This class combines both the Getting Started and Going Further with Sports Photography courses in a small group for focused individual learning, helping you learn what to look for when shooting sports or action, how to maximize your camera settings, and how to position yourself to get the best possible images. Highlighting what lenses work best in different situations and why, we’ll give you a wealth of ideas that you can put into practice the next time you’re shooting. We'll also have Canon EOS cameras and lenses on-hand for you to sample. Come discover the exciting fast-paced world of sports imaging and action photography!
*Bring 10 recent sports images for review.
What you will learn:
• Position yourself for the best shot
• AF system control
• Lens options and situational awareness
• Why and how to customize controls for back-button focusing
• Techniques for photographing action
• Optimal positioning for the sport(s) you photograph
• Full AF system control
• Optimized image selection process
• Advanced techniques for photographing action