Focus On: Speedlites
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Photography is all about light; the nuances of light, the shadows of light, the intensity of light and the color of light. Understanding the concepts of how to use your Canon Speedlites will expand your current reserve of photographic ability and open up new ways to use light. You will learn how to create and control light in almost any situation.
This hands-on class combines both the Getting Started and Going Further with Speedlites courses in a small group for focused individual learning, giving you the confidence to utilize Speedlites as part of your photographic arsenal. We will review all of the many buttons, features and menus of Speedlites. A number of “shooting examples” and setups will allow you to practice and develop these new concepts. You will also learn how to “set up” multiple off-camera flashes and how to coordinate control of all your Speedlites from the back of your camera.
Join Canon Live Learning Orange County and learn to see light.
What you will learn:
• Manual settings and controlling light
• E-TTL control of your Speedlites
• Controlling the ratio of lighting from each individual Speedlite
• How to separate each Speedlite into a different “zone”
• How and when to use light modifiers
• And much more!
What to bring:
• Your Canon EOS camera with memory card and lenses
• Fully charged battery
• Speedlite(s) (600EX-RT is preferable)