Face-to-Face 2-Day Workshop with Rick Sammon
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Canon Explorer of Light Rick Sammon has loved his job for nearly 40 years. Often describing himself as an evolving photographer, Rick hesitates to categorize his work. “I’m an A-to-Z type of photographer. I do it all – and I enjoy the freedom of not specializing.” Rick can’t wait to share his passion and expertise with you. After attending the Face-to-Face workshop you will be a master of daylight fill flash.
Rick will teach you tips, tricks, and techniques on mastering the use of natural light, Speedlites, LED lights, reflectors, and diffusers. Rick will share his favorite Speedlite techniques and give you an opportunity to try them out on our professional models. Attendees are encouraged to bring 3-5 of their favorite images for Rick to provide constructive feedback on. You will leave this workshop will a series of professional quality images from the studio and on location.
Limited to only 16 participants, you will have plenty of one-on-one attention and support:
• Expert instruction and support from Rick Sammon and Canon Live Learning Team who will help you in both the field and the classroom.
• Access to Canon gear loans of your choosing, including L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS/SR, EOS 5D Mark IV, and EOS 80D bodies.
• 1-2 Professional Prints of your work from a Canon Professional Inkjet Printer
•All participants will received ($50 value):
- Copy of Rick’s book: Exploring the Light
- Rick’s e-book's: Get Motivated and Stay Inspired & Life Lessons We can Learn from Mother Nature
- Rick’s online classes: Master Landscape and Seascape Photography & Master the Art and Craft of Bird Photography
What you will gain from the workshop:
This photo workshop offers participants a 2-day immersion into digital photography. Through hands-on learning, lectures and classroom critiques, Rick will help students develop their understanding of:
• Choosing and using the right lens for your shoot
• Posing techniques in studio and on location
• Mastering Natural Light
• Mastering Speedlites and studio lighting
• Creative use of lighting and light modifiers
• Adobe Lightroom techniques
This is a unique workshop for photographers looking to improve their digital photography skills, build their portfolios and have some fun, too!
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses. Smaller Is Better In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.