Heroic Landscape Photography
123 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, California 92626
With landscape season around the corner and some incredible Canon destination workshops coming up, it’s time to sharpen your landscape skills.
Landscape photography is probably the number one subject for most photo enthusiasts and many think that capturing a beautiful scenic is easy but now you discovered it’s not.
Most photo enthusiasts have found that making a dramatic landscape photograph can be one of the most difficult of all photographic pursuits.
Unlike portraits, advertising and sports photography, the landscape photographer is simply a spectator waiting for nature to cooperate in bringing all the elements of a great photo together with the right light and dramatic weather for their subject.
Our resident pro photographer, Dave Henry, will show you the steps he uses to quickly assess the scene in deciding on framing, composition, filtration and exposure.
Sunrises and sunsets are the prize of any landscape trip. From menus, picture styles and filters, Dave will show you his secrets in creating those jaw-dropping sunsets.
Managing the hand-of-man, weather and obstinate lighting takes a lot of patience and skill. This class is designed to set you on the right path and help you understand and manage all the elements that make a great photograph.
What you will learn:
• Lighting and its impact on the landscape
• Creating compelling compositions that demand attention
• The best landscape lenses and how to use them
• Using tilt-shift lenses every day to solve problems
• Software solutions to consider before and after the trip
• Using WiFi with your mobile device to preview depth-of-field and filter effects
• Mastering exposure to get it right in the camera
• Color balance and Picture Styles for any situation
• How to conquer the weather with your photos
• When to use HDR to solve contrast lighting