New York City Tilt-Shift Architecture & Street Photography
New York Marriott Downtown
85 West Street
New York, NY 10006
Mention Canon Photography Workshop when making your reservation or visit the registration link https://aws.passkey.com/e/49401340 to receive Canon’s special rate.
Room block expires April 13th, 2018
Closest airports to the Marriott Downtown are Newark Liberty (EWR); approximately 11 miles travel by car, the next best airport is LaGuardia (LGA); approximately 13.5 miles travel by car and John F. Kennedy (JFK); approximately 22 miles travel by car.
This workshop begins on Friday, May 11 at 9:00am and ends on Sunday, May 13 at 6:00pm.
Join this workshop for a unique urban photography adventure. Experience the iconic architecture and capture the energy of New York City that most visitors never get to see. Join German photographer, author, traveler, award-winning podcaster and educator Chris Marquardt to learn to shoot with Canon's amazing Tilt-Shift Lenses.
This workshop includes special tripod access to iconic Grand Central Terminal, learning the tricks of night shooting in Times Square and exploration of locations that aren't on the average tourist map. As a special bonus, and in addition to the architecture photography, one of the workshop days will be dedicated to hand-held tilt-shift street photography.
- Grand Central Terminal
- Museum of Natural History
- High Line / Chelsea / Chelsea Market
- Times Square
- 5th Avenue Apple Store
Each day will feature several interesting locations and subjects, instruction by Chris Marquardt, extensive work with Canon’s wide-angle lenses and especially their world class tilt-shift lineup.
- You will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Chris Marquardt and support from the Canon Live Learning Team.
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series and Tilt Shift lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 6D Mark II and EOS 80D bodies.
- 1-2 Professional prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer.
The workshop is limited to 16 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We will meet for classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography.
You will learn how to:
- Skillfully use Canon’s world-class Tilt-Shift lenses
- Capture architecture the same way the world’s best architecture photographers do
- Correct perspective and focal plane in camera right while you shoot
- Use tilt-shift lenses to capture hand-held street photos with ease
- Plan a photo shoot to capture the best light possible
- Judge street light situations and use them to your advantage
- Professionally organize and post process your photos using Adobe Lightroom
Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is needed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.