Death Valley Dramatic Landscape Photography
Death Valley, California 92328
Death Valley, California 92328
Mention Room Block Code: 791473 when making your reservation to receive Canon’s special rate.
Room block expires January, 21st, 2018
Closest airport is Furnace Creek Airport located 0.75 miles west of Furnace Creek, Death Valley.
This workshop begins on Wednesday, February 21 at 6:30pm and ends on Saturday, February 24 at 4:00pm.
Join Erin Babnik for an immersive photography workshop in one of the most unique landscapes in the world. Using the Furnace Creek area of Death Valley National Park as our base, we will explore the wealth of photogenic options for landscape photography that are available within short drives and short hikes.
From rippled sand dunes to colorful badlands and otherworldly salt flats, we will have a variety of incredible opportunities for translating spectacular scenes of nature into compelling photographs. Erin will guide you through the entire process with dedicated instruction on all aspects of the art of landscape photography.
- Badlands Ridge at sunrise
- Mud Tile Playa near Furnace Creek
- Mesquite Sand Dunes at sunset
- Cotton Ball Basin at sunset
- You will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Erin Babnik and support from the Canon Live Learning Team.
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R and EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS 80D bodies.
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer.
The workshop is limited to 9 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We will meet for classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography.
- You will have the opportunity to learn progressive in-field techniques such as focus stacking, capturing multiple exposures in high dynamic range situations, shooting for perspective blends, and much more.
- Indoor instruction will include a seminar on composition and one on post-processing your images for technical excellence and expressive impact.
Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is needed.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.