The Fall Workshop at Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park, California 95389
Yosemite View Lodge
11136 Highway 140
El Portal, CA 95318
Phone: (209) 379-2681
For GPS – Enter Arch Rock Entrance, Yosemite or West Gate, Yosemite
Mention Canon USA Workshop when making reservations.
Rate does not include taxes & fees.
Room block expires September 26, 2017.
The closest airport is Fresno airport (FAT). It is about an 112-mile drive by car
Yosemite National Park’s autumnal beauty is something to behold—and photograph. Now you can experience its majestic grandeur in person. Dramatic spires, cascading waterfalls, rich fall colors and beautiful mountain vistas are just some of the dream landscapes that make Yosemite a photographer’s paradise. Spend three days in this American treasure with award-winning nature photographer David Cobb and leave with gigabytes of spectacular landscape images.
Explore Yosemite National Park’s diverse landscape, many made famous by Ansel Adams. Visit some of David’s favorite fall locations, including Tunnel View Overlook, Yosemite Falls, Mist Trail, Mirror Lake, Half Dome and El Capitan. With a little help, you’ll create the most magnificent images of your photographic life.
Each day will feature photography sessions during the ideal light of sunrise and sunset. During these excursions, you will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with a range of Canon EOS Bodies and EF lenses.
Also included in the workshop fee:
- Expert instruction in the field and classroom from David Cobb and support from the Canon Live Learning Team
- Access to the latest Canon gear: L-Series lenses, and Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 5DS/SR and 5D Mark IV bodies
- 1-2 Professional Prints of your work from a Canon Inkjet Printer
- Classroom instruction and image critiques
- Carpool transportation to shooting locations
- Field Demonstrations
David and the Canon team will help you understand composition for landscape photography, lens choice, composition and much more. A Canon technical representative will always be available to help with equipment and answer questions both in the field and in the classroom.
In this intense three-day workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- Properly expose and create artistically designed images
- How to ‘see’ like a professional landscape photographer
- Create depth in your images during capture and post-production workflow
- Improve images based on critique from David Cobb
- Make the right lens selection for the greatest impact
- Use camera settings and operations for nature photography
- Improve your photographic skills through professional critiques
- Bring your camera(s)
- Any preferred lenses (wide-angle, telephoto, etc.)
- Plenty of charged batteries
- Memory cards
- Sturdy tripod
- Laptop computer for downloading images
The workshop is designed for intermediate and advanced photographers who want to learn more about nature photography composition and techniques as well as build their portfolios with high-quality images. You should have a good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, using aperture, and shutter speed settings. Also, you should expect some light hiking on uneven ground.
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop skills and create lifelong memories. In just a few short days, these fun, hands-on workshops will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside seasoned photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
This workshop is limited to just 12 attendees. In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon Live Learning support staff. Whether you’re shooting waterfalls in Yosemite, gators in Florida, or surfers in Hawaii – you’ll have all the attention you need to further to develop your skills.
Get Hands-on With The Best Canon Gear
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including the latest EOS cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.